Summary: Is it possible to import MBOX to Gmail? If you are also wondering about this situation, then we want to tell you that it is possible. To know the method to transfer .mbox data file to Gmail account, please read the whole blog. We assure you that at the end of the article you will be surprised that it is a simple process of importing MBOX to Gmail account.
There are many email clients that are available to manage both professional and personal emails. Among them, most desktop email clients use the MBOX file format to save your mailbox data. Mozilla Thunderbird is one such application that supports the .mbox format. However, the problem is that the user can only access this data file in the interface of the email client that supports it. Also, transferring emails from an MBOX file to Gmail is quite a risky process, so you need to be careful. You cannot use any solution and risk your valuable data.
Don’t worry! We are here to present you with two workable solutions to import MBOX to Gmail with or without Thunderbird.
Gmail is a free cloud-based email service provider from Google. Numerous users choose Gmail account since it is system-independent. As we already discussed there is no direct manual method to transfer .mbox email to Gmail account, however you can indirectly import MBOX emails into a web-based email server.
Methods to Import MBOX to Gmail Account
Today we will learn two methods to transfer emails from .mbox file to Gmail account. Let’s see what they are;
#1. Save MBOX File to Gmail Using Thunderbird
#2. Import MBOX to Gmail Without Thunderbird
Let’s get to know the process of importing MBOX to Gmail using both given approaches one by one.
How to Export Emails from MBOX file to Gmail Manually?
Since we already know that Mozilla Thunderbird supports .mbox format, so it will be easy to import MBOX file in its interface. After that user can transfer these emails to a Google mail account using this manual method.
This method works in two different stages. First of all, the user needs to configure Thunderbird with the Gmail account and then move the .mbox messages to their webmail account.
Stage 1: Configure Gmail and Thunderbird Account Via IMAP
- Open the Thunderbird desktop email client on your system.
- After application open goto Tool >> Account Setting option.
- Under the Account Setting option click on Account Action >> Add Mail Account option.
- Here enter your Gmail email address and password and click on the Continue button.
- This application checks login details and a window will appear which shows Available Configuration and select the IMAP option.
- Now move to the Gmail Sign-in window enter your login details and click on Next.
- Click on the Allow button to provide Thunderbird to access Gmail emails.
- Move back to Mozilla Thunderbird and click on the set-up of an existing email account.
- Now your Gmail account is added to the Thunderbird interface.
You can see all Gmail emails on the left side of the application interface in a different folder.
Stage 2: Move Emails from MBOX to Gmail Account
- Again move to the Thunderbird account. Under Gmail id create a new folder and name it.
- Now drag the email message from Thunderbird into the newly created folder.
- Now all your MBOX emails are imported into your Gmail account.
However, this manual method has certain limitations. Some of them are;
Loopholes in Manual Solution
1. It is a very lengthy process that requires technical assistance for novice users.
2. This method is suitable for the limited MBOX to Gmail import process. It will not work if the .mbox file has unlimited emails.
3. There is no email filter option for selective transfer.
4. There are high chances of data loss, if not used properly.
5. No option to save email addresses, attachments, etc information from mailbox data in a separate file.
6. Most importantly you have to install Thunderbird to perform this operation.
7. There is no option to import multiple MBOX files to Gmail at once.
8. This solution will work in the older version of Thunderbird. If you are using the new version, then try for an instant solution.
To overcome these drawbacks, we recommend using third-party software, that is specially designed for this purpose. One such tool is mentioned in the next blog section.
How to Import MBOX to Gmail Without Thunderbird?
MBOX Converter is a safe and effortless way to transfer emails from a .mbox file to Gmail account in a few seconds. It is an amazing tool that allows the user to import selective emails from MBOX to Google account effortlessly. Along with email messages, this tool also saves attachments, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. in a separate .txt file.
Additionally, you can use this tool and transfer MBOX to iCloud, cPanel, Yandex and all other webmail accounts without any data loss. With its simple graphical interface, any novice and non-technical user without facing any glitches.
Follow the Steps to transfer MBOX emails to Gmail Account Instantly –
- Install and run SysConverter for MBOX software on your system.
- Click on the Open button and select the needed options.
- After that select Email Data File >> MBOX File >> Choose File or Folder.
- Read the emails from the MBOX file and choose the required folder or emails that need to import.
- Here click on the Export button and select the Gmail option.
- In the last step, enter your Gmail login details and click on the Save button.
All Done! Check your Gmail account, there you will find your MBOX emails. However, using this tool you can also import MBOX to Google Workspace, iCloud and many other webmail accounts.
Some Prominent Features of this Tool
- This tool allows to import multiple MBOX files to Gmail account with no data loss.
- Advance email filter option to transfer selective .mbox emails.
- Easy to use interface without any technical assistance.
- Preserve mailbox data folder or sub-folder structure during the transfer process.
- Also import MBOX to Office 365, Thunderbird, Opera Mail, etc in a few clicks.
- Supported by Windows 11, 10, 8, XP, Vista, and all other previous versions.
- Import unlimited size .mbox file without any data alteration and loss.
- Multiple saving options to save mailbox data.
- Allow to import MBOX to Outlook, Google WOrkspace, Yahoo, and many more.
- Free preview option to read the emails before transferring them.
Here we discuss two possible methods to import MBOX to Gmail account. The manual method used by Thunderbird email client to transfer emails to Google account. However, it has some drawbacks that can create some problems. However, if the user has a .mbox file but does not have the Thunderbird application, then the recommended software is best in this situation. on top of that, it overcame all the limitations the user might face when using the manual method. We suggest you use this tool and transfer your emails from the .mbox file to Gmail account effortlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. Can I use this tool to transfer MBOX file emails to Mozilla Thunderbird?
Answer. Yes, you can directly import MBOX to Thunderbird without any data loss and alteration.
Question 2. Can I import multiple .mbox files into Gmail account?
Answer. Absolutely Yes, using this tool you can transfer multiple MBOX files to Gmail account in a single attempt.