Summary: You are here because you search for a way to open PST file in Gmail? Read this article to the end and know the secure way to import PST to Gmail account with complete data.
PST is a file format used by MS Outlook to save its mailbox data. It is an open property format used to store messages, contacts, calendars, notes and other components.
However, due to machine dependency, many users opt for a web-based email account. Among many Gmail is the most used email service worldwide. With Gmail, users can access their emails, contacts, and other mailbox data remotely using an internet connection.
To make your search effortless we will guide the ways to import PST to Gmail account. Thus read the complete article.
Before we move ahead, let’s know the reasons behind PST to Gmail import.
Why Need To Open PST File in Gmail?
Well, there can be various reasons to transfer PST to Gmail account. Some of them mention here;
- You can open Gmail account o any system that is connected to the internet. No dependency on any system, remotely used.
- Large storage space to save data as compared to Outlook.
- Users can use several apps with the help of a single Gmail login id and password.
- Most importantly, it offers all the features without any charges.
- Interactive interface which makes it easy to use.
- The recovery process is quick. If you forget your login details, then just enter your registered phone number and recover your credentials.
After knowing the factors that cause this PST o Gmail import process, let’s know the way to perform this operation.
Methods to Import PST to Gmail
You can transfer PST files Gmail account in two ways – Manual and Automated. In the coming segments, we will discuss both methods in detail. Try both of them and decide which one fulfils your needs.
#1. Manually Transfer PST File to Gmail
To perform the import process using the native way, users need to configure their Gmail account to the Outlook email client. This process will complete in two stages. Firstly you need to modify your Gmail settings and enable IMAP/POP protocol and then add your Gmail account to Outlook. Without further delay let’s check out the procedures.
Step 1. Change Gmail Setting For Importing
1. Log in to your Gmail account using your credentials.
2. After that click on the Setting button in the top-right corner and hit on the See all setting button.
3. Then select Forwarding and POP/IMAP options from the menu bar.
4. Under the IMAP access section check on Enable IMAP radio button.
5. At last, click on the Save Changes option.
Step 2: Configure Gmail to Outlook
1. Open Outlook desktop email client on your system.
2. Then go to File >> Info >> Add Account.
3. Enter the IMAP account i.e Gmail account email address and hit on Connect button.
4. Now put your Gmail account password and click on Connect.
5. You Account is configured and synchronized. Now you can move PST file emails to the Gmail folder.
Here complete the process and you successfully transfer PST to Gmail account.
Although you can move PST file data to your Gmail account manually, you need Outlook installation on your system. However, sometime this native approach can be unresponsive and doesn’t offer the desired result. This situation forces the user to opt for an alternative solution. One such solution is described in the next section that doesn’t require any email client installation.
#2. Import PST to Gmail Without Outlook
If you have a .pst file and want to move its data to Gmail account directly, then it is recommended to use the best one named PST Converter tool. With the help of this utility, you can easily transfer emails and other data from PST file to Gmail account without facing any trouble. Along with that, this software allows to move multiple PST file to Google mail account in a single attempt. Most importantly while importing you will not lose a single bit of data.
Additionally, you can also import selective PST file emails and other data into Gmail through an email filter. With that, there is a preview option to read and view your PST file data before importing them.
Now, without any further delay, let us see how the PST to Gmail import tool works.
Steps to Open PST File in Gmail Account
Follow the given instructions and save your PST file data into your Gmail account.
Step 1. Install and run this tool on your system.
Step 2. After that click on the Open button and move for further selection.
Step 3. Now select Email Data File >> PST File >> Select File From a Folder.
Step 4. Here at this point, you can read your PST file data and select the email folder that you want to import.
Step 5. Then click on the Export and select Gmail from many given options.
Step 6. At last, enter your Gmail email address and password. After that click on the Save button.
All Done! After performing these steps, you move PST to Gmail with complete mailbox data with ease.
Why Choose PST to Gmail Import Tool
Some of the outstanding features of this utility are mentioned here. You can check them out and try to use this tool and move your PST file into Gmail account.
- Import PST to Gmail With Attachments: Using this utility you can transfer PST file into Gmail account with attachments. Most importantly you will not lose a single bit of your data in this process.
- Transfer PST to Another Email Account: With this tool, you can also import PST to Yahoo, Office 365, GoDaddy, Roundcube and other web-based email accounts. It directly transfers PST file without any lengthy process and without affecting data integrity.
- Support All Windows OS: This PST to Gmail Import Tool can easily install and run on all Windows OS. You can use this utility on Windows 11, 10, 8, Vista, XP, and all other previous versions.
- Maintain Mailbox Structure: The import tool preserves the folder or sub-folder structure of the email during the import process. You will receive your email in the respective folders, just like the original.
Conclusion – How to Import PST to Gmail
Importing PST file to Gmail account will helps you in many ways. You can easily access your email on any system that is connected to the internet. Here we discuss two different approaches to transfer PST file to Google mail account. First, we learn about the manual approach where we use Outlook – Gmail configuration. Secondly, we discuss an automated way that directly moves PST file to Gmail with ease. Use both methods and find the bested suited technique that fulfills your requirement.